Forum of XFWA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of XFWA

This is for all members to present themselves and post their roleplays!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Commentators

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GME

GME

Commentators Empty
PostSubject: Commentators   Commentators I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 am

Hey there,

I know it is hard and you got a lot of other work to do, but what do you think of the idea of having two commentators who comment the matches a little bit. Maybe every second or third Finisher or Trademark move a short line gets written into the match(with special colors of course so no confusion for the readers!!).
Like this (copied from another feds show Twisted Evil ):

Quote :
Wrestler1 puts his own hands under Wrestler2's armpits, who is prone on the mat
and starts a light Butterfly Lock crossing them behind his back!!
Wrestler1 keeps his ruthless submission hold
Wrestler1 keeps his ruthless submission hold
Wrestler1 releases his grasp
---
Commentator: Early submission move by Wrestler1. He knows how dangerous Wrestler2 can be if he is
allowed to exploit his quickness!

---
Wrestler1 pulls Wrestler2 still groggy, by his hair
Wrestler1 grabs around his opponent's midsection and lifts so that Wrestler2 is held upside down
and leaps down to a sitting position with Wrestler2's head falling down to the mat executing a light Spike
Piledriver!!

something like this would be great. I know it is a lot of work to do but it would also add atmosphere and tension to a match if there were comments on the moves or rather the development in the match. Well just a suggestion ...
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder

Commentators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentators   Commentators I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Be careful what you suggest... The Janitor might put you in charge of something like that Smile

I'll post some pics in this thread of proposed commentators and let you guys choose 2 of them to be used in RP's.
We already have Blind Mag doing interviews & backstage reporting.... Amber Sweet is also available and will make her debut in the first show of the season.
Back to top Go down
seltor

Commentators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentators   Commentators I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Yes, you could do it GME Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://moongem123@proboards.com
GME

GME

Commentators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentators   Commentators I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:57 am

I'll take it all back and claim the reverse! Wink

In fact I don't know how much time I can spend in the next few weeks: moving, new job etc. Hope it doesn't affect the fed too much.

No seriously: If I find my new job (in RL) not too draining I'll gladly write the comments for at least 2 matches each show.(I'm sure you can imagine it will take some effort to write some intelligent stuff considering the rp written by the combatants before and after each match. The comments should refer to the stories you write for your wrestlers. But give me some time to get used to the new job first!

greetings GME
Back to top Go down
Facemen

Commentators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentators   Commentators I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:14 am

sounds good.. I will do my best and write some comments too!
Back to top Go down
Wiseman

Commentators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentators   Commentators I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:01 pm

I always found commentary very tedious when I was a GM. I eventually took it out of my show, but if you can find someone willing to do it, it really does help hold the match together and highlight the parts of the match that the reader should pay attention to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Commentators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentators   Commentators I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commentators
Page 1 of 1